Date(s) - October 24, 2020 - December 4, 2020
CASA Christmas Stocking Project
Our goal, with great support from local families, groups and businesses is to provide every child in our care, and their host siblings, with a Christmas Stocking each year. This typically means that over 400 stockings are created, stuffed and distributed each year – a major undertaking, and we are very thankful to the generosity of our neighbors throughout the Wenatchee Valley!
We kick the Christmas Stocking Project off every year as part of the community-wide Make a Difference Day activities in late October. We rely on the community to:
- Sew stockings
- Sew pillowcases
- Donate games, books, beauty & hygiene products, art supplies, gift cards, etc. to fill each stocking
- Help us fill the over 400 stockings that are made every year
Stockings can be donated empty or already filled. Empty stockings are filled by CASA Volunteers starting in early December with donated items. We accept donations of new items throughout the year.
Due to COVID-19, our guidelines for donations have changed for the time being. Below are the new guidelines for donations:
- ACCEPTING new items that can be easily sanitized.
- PLEASE no clothing items. New hats and gloves are ok!
- WE WILL be accepting handmade stockings and pillowcases. Staff will take precautions in sanitizing these before using.
- DONATIONS may be dropped off at our office: 431 Douglas St. Wenatchee, Monday-Friday 9AM to 4PM.